Sunday, August 19, 2007

etc

etc - the enamel, textile and ceramic applied arts group: "The enamel, textile and ceramic applied arts group, is based at the Faculty of Art, Media and Design at the University of the West of England, Bristol"

Dail Behennah - Home Page

Dail Behennah - Google Search

Contemporary Applied Arts: Dail Behennah: "My work is constructed rather than woven and I am preoccupied with line, light and shadow. No longer concerned with function, I create sculptural forms. The three crosses in this exhibition were inspired by one of my favourite beaches, Traeth Mawr in Pembrokeshire. They contain elements of the landscape: the slate cliffs, marram grass on the sand dunes and driftwood on the tide line. X marks the spot, as on a treasure map, and a row of X’s is often used as a sign of affection. The three intersecting circles reflect my interest in geometry and the grid. As the sphere revolves the lines and light constantly change. My degree in geography and an interest in landscape and ecology inform my work, as does the art of the Constructivist movement."

No comments: